What to do under such conditions? Following is a step-by-step guide to help you out.
- The first and most important thing to do concerns about the battery. If the car is not underusing, some systems might not work or start draining, so there two solutions:
- Unplug the battery and store it in a safe, cool and dry place.
The other one is mentioned below.
Charging the battery:
-If you planning to run the car, you should start the car engine once or twice a week up to 2,000-3,000 rpm(depending on your engine car ) until the car reaches the most temperature. This is advise only if you and a private parking place.Stop revving the engine keep in idle as it might affect the long-term reliability of the vehicle.
Cleaning the car:
- Once the run is complete, take the time to clean the interiors of the vehicle with the available tools at home. These can include anything from a set of brushes and cloths to a full-fledged vacuum cleaner.
- After cleaning the interior, wash the exterior of the vehicle with shampoo. If you having open-air parking, kindly use a car cover to prevent dust and bird droppings after the vehicle is wiped dry.
Checking the vitals of the vehicle:
- Remember to check all the fluids such as the wiper wash, coolant and top them up if you have the resources available with you at home.
- Check the air pressure of all four tires once a week and try and move the car from its stationary position. If your parking is located on the main road, avoid taking it out for a drive, but small. Instead, you can move it forward and back in the parking space. This will avoid flat spots on any of the tires.
- When the car is parked, avoid using the hand-brake as it can jam the brakes if not used over a period of time. Use a tyre stopper or take the help of a few medium size stones and place them at the front and back of the tyres to avoid movement when parked.
- In the case of vehicles with a manual transmission, you can also park the car in gear instead of engaging the handbrake. Do remember to engage the clutch when starting the car the next time or it might result in a mishap.
-If you going to get the medicine by the car, avoid halting at various places in short ranges because this seems no efficiently heat up the engine, therefore reducing its life.